SHIFT:DAYS (some evenings as required)
SALARY RANGE: $10.00 - $18.00 per hour
JOB CODE: HN 0003
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for maintenance of building and surrounding properties. Ensures cleanliness of building including all seminar rooms, sanctuary, restrooms, fellowship hall and other properties as acquired by the church.
- Oversee maintenance and upkeep of the church, banquet hall and all other properties.
- Maintenance of all storage areas and laundry area.
- Ensures proper maintenance of all utilities and equipment.
- Assist with building issues relating to operations of the church, banquet hall and other properties.
- Maybe required to work with contractors.
- Secures hazardous materials.
- Ensures all maintenance materials are properly ordered and stocked.
- Provides updates as needed to Facilities Manager and/or Supervisor relative to maintenance issues.
- Ensures that all inspections are up to date, including fire and equipment inspections.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years of maintenance experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of church properties.
- Knowledge of various cleaning, maintenance processes. Familiarity with cleaning equipment and upkeep of the same. Knowledge of cleaning chemicals.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems a plus.
- Experience working with contractors, maintenance companies is a plus.
- Knowledge of maintenance requirements as related to city inspections, working with contractors, code regulations preferred.
- Good analytical skills necessary to make recommendations to the church.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.